Posts tagged music
Posts tagged music
John Legend - You & I (Nobody In The World)
They are young and old, cis and trans, straight and queer, in sickness and in health, and they come in countless colors, shapes, and sizes. They are women, and for four minutes and 15 seconds, John Legend pays them the basic respect that half the world’s population is routinely denied.
It is not a revolutionary video — at least, it shouldn’t be. Deceptively simple in form and function, You & I uses only a progression of medium shots of individual women. Presented with their totality, the differences fade away, and we are left with the fact that before anything else, women are simply and unignorably people.
That this is hailed as a radical political statement shows the sad state of our culture. But it makes such simple statements all the more important to make.
I AM FUCKING HARD OH MY GOD SOMEONE DID A REMIX OF “GET LUCKY” AND “MICHAEL JACKSON”
i spent like 2 hours on this im sorry
This song went from old-school kooky to like.
this is pretty fucking awesome
this is amazing.
fuckin 4k notes what the fuck have i done
FUCK’N A /// (LISTEN HERE) ► the rad, wicked, gnarly 80s
- everyday people by joan jett
- you make my dreams by hall & oats
- just like heaven by the cure
- jessie’s girl by rick springfield
- time after time by cindi lauper
- levitate me by pixies
- come on eileen by dexys midnight runners
- footloose by kenny loggins
- wake me up before you go-go by wham!
- this charming man by the smiths
- fame by irene cara
- push it by salt-n-pepa
- freak scene by dinosaur jr.
- love will tear us apart by joy division
- girls just wanna have fun by cindi lauper
- uptown girl by billy joel
- we got the beat by the the go-go’s & go-go’s
- karma chameleon by culture club
- total eclipse of the heart by bonnie tyler
- blue monday by new order
All Star by Smash Mouth
Sooo I made a historically informed mix for Tiana and her restaurant. All songs from the 1920s with an emphasis on New Orleans artists, with a few other things thrown in for variety’s sake. It’s meant to sound like a night of dining and listening to the band at Tiana’s Palace, so it’d be good for an 1920s themed writing too.
Historical Disney: Tiana’s Palace by linkeepsitreal.
1. I’m A Little Bluebird | Sidney Bechet
2. True Blue Lou | Annette Hanshaw
3. Toad Frog Blues | Ma Rainey
4. Creole Love Call | Duke Ellington
5. So Sweet | Jimmy Noone
6. I’m A Dreamer (Aren’t We All) | Gracie Fields
7. Nobody Knows You When You’re Down And Out | Bessie Smith
8. Ain’t Misbehavin’ | Louis Armstrong
9. I Found A New Baby | Josephine Baker
10. The Charleston | New Orleans Jazz Band
11. Honeysuckle Rose | Fats Waller And His Rhythm
12. Ever Since The Movies Learned To Talk | Billy Murray
13. Frankie and Johnny | Fate Marable’s Society Syncopators
14. Tin Roof Blues | Jelly Roll Morton
15. Let’s Misbehave | Irving Aaronson
16. New Orleans Stomp | King Oliver & His Creole Jazz Band
17. Baby of Mine | Ethel Waters
18. Sweet Little Papa | Louis Armstrong & Kid Ory
19. Jazz Convulsions | Duke Ellington
20. Original Jelly Roll Blues | Jelly Roll Morton
21. High Society Rag | Johnny Dodds
22. Sweet Ella May | Earl Hines
23. Tiger Rag | Duke Ellington
Here goes: the grand unveiling of Grande Finale!
Pirates of the Caribbean/Skyrim Mashup by flipboit4midles.
(Bask in the awesomeness of this.)
OH MY FUCKING GOD
THEY FOUND IT
AFTER 10 YEARS THEY FOUND THE HD VERISON OF THIS SONG
Lento - Julieta Venegas
Moonlight Legend (ムーンライト伝説) performed for the new anime by Momoiro Clover Z (ももいろクローバーZ)
You were one inch from the edge of this bed,
I drag you back, a sleepyhead
The single greatest mashup ever, not done by me, but creds to whoever created this work of art.
songs to listen to when you’re:
- doing homework
- getting over a relationship
- playing dmmd
- playing sport
- walking down the beach
- watering the garden
- playing with dogs
- crying over your OTP
- browsing websites
- murdering your enemies
- surprise bitch
Say Something - Arden Cho
Left ear: female — right ear: male
Female version sung by Idina Menzel. Male version sung by Caleb Hyles.
Art by palitapare.